LilySlim Weight loss tickers

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

All Fired Up!

It's been a few weeks...time has flown by!! Lizzy's Benefit is over and was a big success! You can read all about it on my other blog here.

By the end of planning for the Benefit I knew I had to change the way I was living. I was eating very poorly...lots of sugar and fast food, migraine headaches were becoming an everyday occurrence and exercise was dwindling to one day a week if I really made an effort. In short I was becoming disgusted with my behaviors.

So I sat down and really thought about all the weight loss blogs I read and fitness books and magazines and realized what was missing. I was bored. I hated my workouts. The gym just wasn't doing it for me anymore. And while I love my walks with my friend...she couldn't go daily with me and on days she didn't go...I didn't go. I knew I needed something fun and exciting and new to jumpstart my fitness and weight loss and I found it!!!

We have had Curves in Maryville for years but for whatever reason...I just didn't think it was for me. Well, was I ever wrong. I LOVE it!

So, here I am...with 5 Curves workouts under my belt and already feeling stronger, healthier and more confident! When I make the choice to workout in the morning...the rest of my choices become better. I choose fruit over a cookie or a salad over chips. Yes, one choice can make all the difference!!

How are you all doing? I haven't been by your blogs in a few weeks...I will catch up!!!!

4 comments:

  1. Good for you! What a difference it makes, finding something you love like that. And I can relate then when I start my day with good choices, be it working out or eating well early, the rest of the day has a better chance of seeing me follow suit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved going to Curves, just can't seem to do it now with juggling single motherhood. Glad that you enjoy it. Keep up the good work!!

    Staying MOtivated

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've always been curious about Curves, maybe I'll check it out! Exercise seems to be the last piece of my puzzle! :-) Way to go! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Leslie!! Ive missed your post as well!! :) WELCOME BACK! You sound sooooo excited. Im excited for you. Ive heard great things about Curve so Im confident this will be a success for you! Best of luck and keep up that confidence and optimism!

    ReplyDelete