LilySlim Weight loss tickers

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Sunday, February 13, 2011

It has always been up to me

As the days past I feel a change in my attitude. I am not turning to food for everything I feel...rather enjoying the moment...food free.

Just for today I will enjoy the peace that Sundays bring. I will nourish my body with wholesome foods.

"When we are no longer able to change a situation...we are challenged to change ourselves."  -Victor Frankl

Maybe that's what the problem has been all along. I had been so focused on changing the situation when it was ME that had to change. There will always be dinners out, celebrations that revolve around food, church potlucks, family reunions, BBQ's, etc. It's ME that has to change.

It's up to me.

"To change one's life; 
Start immediately.
Do it flamboyantly.
No exceptions."
William James

3 comments:

  1. Well this is ironic because last night I had dinner out and I was thinking how I'd just like to not have to deal with social eating for a while! But you are right; it is not the social eating, it is me and my reaction to the social eating. Sigh

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, great post and so true. If it's going to be, it's up to me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thats so true, i agree with this. Food is all around and its YOU who has to change. great post.

    ReplyDelete