LilySlim Weight loss tickers

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Thursday, December 16, 2010

Feeling Good {& holiday treats}

"I wake up every day with the realization that this is it, that there's only one shot at this life and I can either enjoy the ride and live it to its fullest and to my highest potential or I can stay the way I am." 

I'm not sure who wrote this {it didn't say} but this is exactly the way I have been thinking lately. And it is why I want to lose the weight, eat healthy and exercise. I get one chance to live here on Earth. Once chance to be here, with my family and I want to make the most of it. I want to really live!
I am feeling good today. The scale continues to go down which makes me happy {especially during the Holidays} Today I put a cute shirt on my husband had bought me last summer after I had lost 15 pounds...it had looked so darling back then but then a few pounds had crept on as well as that "bloat" you get when you stuff yourself with carbs. Well....I am happy to report that it is looking pretty good today! I have it on and am feeling good in it. No, I 'm not as "skinny" as I was last summer but I am on my way.

My husband and I were talking this morning how we just feel better. We have been watching our carbs and our portions and have that "empty" feeling. Love that. Our clothes are just fitting better.

Saturday is baking day here...creating all those yummy Christmas treats that have become Tradition in the Ackman household. I am a bit nervous about that. I just don't want to pig out on chocolate covered pretzels and ginger snaps ya' know?

How do you handle treats? Any strategies you have would be sooo helpful!!

3 comments:

  1. Good job Leslie! I was just talking to one of the nurses at my doctors office the other day about over indulging and "enjoying life versus dieting and feeling disconnected from life. I told her when I ate whatever I wanted and was heavier I was miserable. Yeah, I got to eat all of the yummy food but at the end of the day I felt awful. I keep that feeling in the back of my mind and it motivates me to keep up the good fight. I know you can do it! You're my partner in crime and between the two of us we'll beat this thing! :o)

    Nicole

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have fun with baking day....still have to do that here...thanks for visiting my blog and Merry Christmas to you and yours too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. HA!!! I got you!! For some reason, I can't link to your other blog - it's been that way for a month or so and yours is the only one I have trouble with! I try to comment, and I can't even type in the box! I am so sorry - I have been following and reading and just can't comment!
    THANK YOU for all your sweet words - I have so enjoyed meeting you this year and look forward to more in the new year.
    Hope you and your beautiful family have a very Merry Christmas xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete