LilySlim Weight loss tickers

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Ideas for those BUSY times

This is one of the busiest, most happiest times of the year! I love the Spirit of the Season. How about you?

Along with putting up decorations, baking, buying and wrapping there are and school projects, church programs my daughter's basketball games. We spend so much time in a gym...right during dinner. This can be so very difficult!! I mean, here we are wanting to lose weight and be healthy and all there is to eat is a concession stand full of hot dogs, nachos with cheese and Twix candy bars.

The next time you're out and have zero healthy choices...BE PREPARED! Here are a few of my staple snacks that help me make it to dinner....

1 low fat string cheese with 3 to 6 Triscuits
2. Peanut butter on 1 slice whole wheat bread
3. pretzels with low fat string cheese
4. grapes with a few Triscuits and lowfat string cheese
5. dried cranberries mixed with almonds and/or walnuts

If all else fails and I must eat something 
I choose the lowest calorie snack with the least amount of sugar in it I can find. Last night at Em's game I was unprepared...thankfully the concession stand had a small bag of Sun Chips. At 160 calories at 6 grams of fat {with a hefty dose of the healthy kind} they kept me satisfied till dinner.

Do you have a "go-to" healthy snack? Please share with us. I would love to try it!!!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for stopping by my blog! This is a great blog - full of inspiration - which I need in my neverending journey of weight loss! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are great ideas! Now to put them in my bag...

    ReplyDelete