LilySlim Weight loss tickers

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Thursday, March 24, 2011

I'm gonna Zumba my way to fit!

Alright...so yesterday was spent on the couch. I had one doozy of a migraine. Ouch!

Happy to say I am feeling better...although still a bit under the weather. Just tired. Migraines take a lot out of me. Anybody else suffer from them?


While I spent the majority of the day on the couch it gave me lots of time to think and plan. I am a planner...so this time was greatly appreciate. Part of my plan was inspired by an infomercial I came across while flipping through channels {there is absolutely nothing on during the day!}. It was this....Now I had heard of Zumba. I mean you have to live under a rock to NOT heard of it, right? There are even classes at my gym...however I don't do group classes so that is a no.

Anyway, I watched this infomercial and was really inspired!! The gym has gotten soooo boring for me. I dread going there. And while I usually enjoy walking outside...lately...it is just okay. I know I need to do something else. I need to work my core, my legs, my arm...my whole body. For years I popped in a step aerobics tape every morning and LOVED it. Maybe this Zumba would be fun, too...

So, yes...I have decided to try it. And to make it really fun and to hold myself accountable here's what I'm gonna do...track my progress here...on Skinny Me. Yep. That's the plan.

I am off to find a Zumba DVD today. Not even sure if our local Wal-Mart carries them...but gonna check it out. If not I'll order the informercial. Once I get the program I'm gonna take a BEFORE pic of me and post here. My plan is to do Zumba 3 times a week, walk outside 2 times a week and try my Wii Active once a week. I will post my progress here!

The plan begins this Monday, March 28th and will end on June 6th.

Ten weeks of Zumba goodness:) Hope you'll join me!!

“Everyone has a 'risk muscle.' You keep it in shape by trying new things. If you don't, it atrophies. Make a point of using it at least once a day.”
 Roger Von Oech quotes

2 comments:

  1. Great plan - I can't wait to see you progress!!! Go for it!!!!
    Staying "MO"tivated

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe your library has DVDs. I just got a bunch of yoga ones, hoping to get back to that. I tried zumba on my spa vacation last year. (I like group classes.) It was fun but I felt very uncoordinated.

    ReplyDelete